Re: OracleAgent backup problems with 7.3.3 and NT4

From: zapatoa <zapatoa_at_email.msn.com>
Date: 1998/11/29

i. you might have to grant logon as batch to the primary domain controller

*ii. you need to grant sysdba to the user who does backups

iii. check the permissions of the user on the unix side too and that their preferred credentials are setup for the node and the database(under the first pull-down menu in the console) and they have permissions on the files over there

iv. make sure dbsnmp in oracle_home/bin is chmod 4755

v. on the unix side you can check if the agent is up with lsnrctl which will bring up the listener prompt, then issue dbsnmp_status to make sure the agent is running. if not issue dbsnmp_start. it can take awhile for it to start up.
if it doesn't start up , go to the network/agent directory and delete all the .q files(this will erase all the jobs) and the snmp_ro and snmp_rw files and stop(dbsnmp_stop) and restart the agent.

you probably just need to grant sysdba to the user trying to do the backups hehehe....

dbsnmp
Andy Hardy wrote in message <01be1b8a$5dce71c0$LocalHost_at_viao1>...

>Uday Bikkasani <udayb_at_bigfoot.com> wrote in article
><73pk1j$or1_at_chronicle.concentric.net>...
>> How about assigning a "log on as batch job" privilege to this user in
 NT.
>> Make sure that you created this user on the local machine and not on the
>> domain.
>
>Did that, should have mentioned it...
>
>Andy
>>
>> When you start the administrative tools, you will have access to the
 domain
>> user names. Try connecting to the local machine and then giving a
 privilege
>> of log on as a batch job privilege
>>

>> Uday
>>

>> Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> >Hi,
>> >
>> >I've a couple of machines that have problems with running OracleAgent.
>> >
>> >The first just gives unable to start style messages - things may be
>> >complicated by the fact that we're running our database on an NT
 cluster.
>> >How do I get some more error messages from this agent?
>> >
>> >The second database seems to work, at least discovery works fine.
 However,