Re: redo log files

From: Petter Hansen <pettehan_at_online.no>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 23:17:59 +0100

Sure, but to avoid downtime:

  1. Create new logfiles in the new location
  2. Drop the old logfiles.
  3. If you get an error indicating that the logfile is in use: Alter system switch logfile; Then try to drop the logfile again.
  4. Tadaaaa. Suddenly you have new logfiles and have avoided downtime.

Petter Henrik Hansen
DBA
Fellesdata AS
petter.hansen_at_fellesdata.no