Re: URGENT! How do I cancel a forms session....

From: NSanagaram <nsanagaram_at_aol.com>
Date: 29 Nov 1998 16:34:30 GMT

you could kill any session, if u have the adequate privilege.

you have to find out the oracle session id.

if u have a tool like server manager, Enterprise manager, you could find out by clicking the active sessions and kill it.

if u dont have tools to identify, then you have to query the view, V$SESSION ( or V_$SESSION) with the help of
user name etc and status = 'ACTIVE'.

Find out the SID , for the user under consideration, then you have to find out the PID,
process id to kill the process.

you can obtain information from V$PROCESS ( or V_$PROCESS ).

hope this is helpful,

good luck,

Narahari Sanagaram, Received on Sun Nov 29 1998 - 10:34:30 CST