ORA-01562 - lack of database space???

From: <agibbons_at_erols.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 20:19:57 -0500

Can anyone suggest a course of action? Oracle 7.x, Forms 4.x

I have a data entry form with a WHEN-BUTTON-PRESSED trigger which executes several long processing PL/SQL cursors. At about 3/4 of the way through the long transaction I receive the following error:

ORA-01652 - failed to extend rollback segment (no further info. is provided)

I have tried extending tablespaces in the database to see if this corrects the problem. However, the ORA error message is still received at the same point in the transaction when it is run again.

The Server Messages manual says 'lack of space in the database'...

Should I keep on increasing the tablespace sizes (now getting rather large and
pretty empty) or does the solution lie elsewhere?

Thanks in advance,

AEG Received on Sat Nov 28 1998 - 19:19:57 CST