Re: Slow performance on Long Raw Datatypes, Help !

From: Sal Magnone <steeldb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 10:18:02 -0500

Kenny,

Are you committed to putting the JPGs in the database. Our studies, based on act

ual benchmarks and talking to some vendors that have wrestled with this question themselves has led us to believe this is not the way to do it.

Most systems maintain binaries on a file system and admin info in the database. Not a symmetrical solution granted but a very fast one.

Sal
steeldb_at_hotmail.com