Re: Q: Stored Procedure, PUBLIC_ALL_SOURCES

From: Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 22:43:11 GMT

On Fri, 27 Nov 1998 15:51:25 +0100, Mark Poticha <poticha_at_rbg.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de> wrote:

>Hi.
>
>In ORACLE's internal public view "PUBLIC_ALL_SOURCES" I have noticed
>sources of stored procedures.
>There are as well some misterious numbers in it. It looks like it's some
>kind of compiled version of the procedure.
>Does someone out there know something about it? How can I interprete
>those numbers?

Those are so called "wrapped" sources. Oracle allows programers to kind of encrypt their PL/SQL source code, so that it becomes unreadable for humans, while the compiler can still compile it. There is no (at least publicly available) way to reverse the wrapping operation, that is to get the original source code from the wrapped code.

The utility to "scramble" the plsql source code into unreadable format is called "pl/sql wrapper", it's binary usualy called "wrap". Look for it in your $ORACLE_HOME\bin. It is described in PL/SQL manual.

>Mark

HTH, Jurij Modic <jmodic_at_src.si>
Certified Oracle7 DBA (OCP)

The above opinions are mine and do not represent any official standpoints of my employer Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 16:43:11 CST