Question on replication

From: Cyrus AU YEUNG <cyrus_at_net.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 1998 00:10:54 +0800

Hi all experts,

    I have setup two master sites by using the replication option provided by Oracle 8.0.5 Enterprise on NT. Can anyone tell me or give me some ideas on how to recover a failed master definition sites from another master sites when the original master definition site is up again? Does Oracle provide some tools that can push/copy all the transactions which have applied on the fail-over sites but not on the master definition site during its down time.The requirement is similar to that of archive log mode but it is used in a multimaster database environment.

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,
Cyrus Received on Fri Nov 27 1998 - 10:10:54 CST