How to read/use a system unix variable from sql ?

From: max <m.panarese_at_flashnet.it>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 22:38:03 GMT

Hi,
I'm working on oracle 7.3 on windows NT and Unix Solaris environment. I need to use (to read) a system variable in a sql script. I had problem in both the environment.
On Unix, the only way that works is :
  spool $MY_DIRECTORY/MY_FILE

If I try to read/use a system variable with other sqlplus commands it doesn't work. What I need is to store the value of a system variable into a sql*plus variable (or, better, a pl/sql variable) to use it later.

On windows NT I have the same problem.
Any idea ?
Max rome(italy) Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 16:38:03 CST