replication of views

From: Blyau Gino <gino.blyau_at_ping.be>
Date: 26 Nov 1998 22:02:56 GMT

We have the following logical problem

We have a production database where oneline users can do transaction. For batch users who need to extract large amounts of data for reports we have created a copy of the production database via snapshots.

We have made snapshot logs of about 40 tables on the production machine and at night we refresh the copy database.

So far So good.

Now our requirements changed and we have to duplicate our data to 5 different sites.
We have decided that those 5 sites must get their data from the copy database,
so that they do not disturb our online users.

What's the big deal, you yust let them extract data from the copy database. But our dba's at those 5 sites want a kind of incremental refresh on the copy database.

My first idea was to create a snapshot log on the snapshot of the copy database,
but i suspect this is very unkosher.

Does anybody have an idea to resolve this

please mail also direct to my email adress as i have difficulty in accessing the news server gino.blyau_at_dg19.cec.be Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 16:02:56 CST