Help

From: Paul Nguyen <pnguyen_at_netexplorer.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 10:59:08 +0000

I was attempting to create a database, as my normal duty. After creating the database, I issue this command
in svrmgrl:
create tablespace usertbs
datafile
'/local1/oracle/oradata/dev99/usertbs01.dbf' size 80M reuse
default storage (
 initial 50K
 next 50K
 minextents 1
 maxextents 50
 pctincrease 0
);
The message I got was "unable to add file or unfound directcreate tablespace usertbs
But.. when I change to this:
create tablespace usertbs
datafile
'/usr/local/o1/oradata/dev2k/usrtbs01.dbf' size 30M reuse
default storage (
 initial 1M
 next 1M
 minextents 2
 maxextents 50
 pctincrease 0
);
and everything okay..the command successfully executed in svmgrl. Can someone explain to me what is going on ?

Thanks in advance Received on Thu Nov 26 1998 - 04:59:08 CST