Migration Work Bench

From: Deepak Hathwar <sheetald_at_charlotte.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:09:15 -0500

Hi:
I am very new to Oracle. My company is trying to Migrate from SQL 6.5 to Oracle 8.0.4. We are using Migration work bench. Unfortunately, we are in a severe time constraint and this tool isn't helping us much. It created all the tables. But only some of the Stored Procedures from SQL6.5 was converted. It seems to rollback all the changes as soon as it hits a problem with one of the Stored Procedure scripts in its Repository. We are now forced to cut and paste each and every script into PL/SQL and compile them. This is a tedious process as we have more than 2700 procedures. I read that third party tools can be integrated into the workbench. Are there any Java API documentation to write such a tool? I am planning to write a simple java app that would get all the Stored procedures from the repository and parse them into the database ignoring those that error out. At least this way we are hoping to get most of the procedures parsed.

Please let me know of any such java API documentation ASAP. I am really in a JAM.

Sincerely
Deepak Hathwar Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 21:09:15 CST