Re: OracleService cannot start

From: EXE <exe_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 18:08:47 -0800

> It seems to me that your Oracle executables have been moved to another
> directory or drive. Services are defined in the Registry. The IMAGEPATH
> parameter/key contains the path and executable name of that service.
>
> Fire up regedit.exe and take a look in \My
> Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services for the list
> of services for your machine. You'll find the Oracle services there. Look at
> the IMAGEPATH key and compare it to where you have Oracle on disk.

If this is the case prepare a new initSID.ora file with the correct information. Hopefully you have backups of your control files and log files. Drop the NT services using the command line of oradim73.exe (do not use the GUI interface) and then recreate the services again from the command line using oradim.

Daniel A. Morgan Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 20:08:47 CST