Re: Net8: connect from remote client but not local client

From: Quentin Sherman Xue <qxue_at_sii.cl>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 00:49:21 GMT

So far, I have not worked with ORACLE 8. But as I know, in the unix environment, you can connect to ORACLE with ipc (not tcp) of SQL*Net on the same server. Because we have Oracle 7.3.3 engine connected with 7.1.6 tools (SQL*Forms30, SQL*Menu50, sqlplus 3.1.3.7.1) with ipc in AIX. I think there should be some configuration problem. It is necessary to have some more error information.

By the way, I will install my first Oracle 8 tomorrow on a Sun Ultra Enterprise 10000. I will face this problem.

Good luck.

Quentin Sherman Xue             Manager of System Engineering
                                Network & Security Consultant
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE,Chile    Working Phone: 56-2 6921746
Teatinos 120, Santiago, Chile       Working Fax: 56-2 6921701
e-mail: qxue@sii.cl                    WWW: http://www.sii.cl

michael ryan <michael.ryan_at_pahv.xerox.com> escribió en artículo <365A5324.6F8EE3D1_at_pahv.xerox.com>...