Re: Rollback segment status invalid

From: Quentin Sherman Xue <qxue_at_sii.cl>
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1998 00:23:22 GMT

A similar case I faced in one of my databases about two weeks before. For some reason, out SCO Unix was be powered off while ORACLE was running, and one of eight rollback segments had got status "NEED RECOVER" and I tried in many ways to avoid download the one-week old backup but had no luck. We didn't have ARCHIVELOG in the server, so the only choice is "go-back" for a week.

But one thing may be you can try, I didn't do it for reason of time.

  1. comment off the bad rollback segment from init[sid].ora file
  2. startup the instance (I had done these two, and it works)
  3. make a full export (I am not sure it works)
  4. rebuild instance and import

I beleive it should work.

Good luck.

Quentin Sherman Xue                 System Enginering Manager
                                Network & Security Consultant
INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE,Chile    Working Phone: 56-2 6921746
Teatinos 120, Santiago, Chile       Working Fax: 56-2 6921701
e-mail: qxue@sii.cl                    WWW: http://www.sii.cl

Mattias Johnsson <matt_at_gateshead.ac.uk> escribió en artículo <32W62.2226$ri1.1575601_at_WReNphoon2>...