How to configure WebView ... or use WebServer 3.0

From: <lewandow_at_uwm.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 22:43:19 GMT

I am charged with developing some sort of Web Interface to an Oracle Database ('data warehouse'). I have a book called 'Oracle Web Application Server Handbook' which describes in great detail how to use C, PL/SQL, etc. to generate hard-coded dynamic HTML. There also seems to be a tool called WEBVIEW which I downloaded from govt.us.oracle.com. It seems to offer an easier way to generate HTML code than raw PLSQL. Am I correct in this assumption?

If so then will someone please tell me how to configure the WebView? We downloaded it, uncompressed and tar'd, created synonyms (following all the directions). Now when we try to access it through our browser we can't find it. The instructions say you need to have some kind of 'cartridge' configured. How do I do that? The supposed url is http://<yourHost:yourport>/<yourCartridge>/<DAD>/webview.home However we don't have a cartridge to put in the URL (I think?) and therefore can't see the web page.

Any guidance or advice would be appreciated.

Kent
--
Kent Lewandowski
lewandow_at_uwm.edu