find out enabled roles from another session

From: Ying-fen Hu <yhu_at_generalmicro.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:23:22 GMT

Dear Oracle Gurus of the comp.databases.oracle.server group and Thomas,

Thank you all for being generous with your knowledge.

I'd like to find out what roles are enabled for a user as a DBA or as another user.

I know "select * from dba_role_privs where grantee = username" allows me, a DBA, to see the default roles (which will be enabled on logon for the user). A user might have other roles enabled besides the default roles. A user can "select * from session_roles" to confirm the roles enabled in a session for himself or herself. However, when I logon as the user, I establish another session and when I "select * from session_roles," the enabled roles might be different.

So, how do I find out what roles are enabled for a user in a given session when I am another user?

All replies will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Ying-fen Hu Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 14:23:22 CST