Re: 32bit oracle 8.0.5 installer hangs on 64bit HPUX-11 (V2200)

From: Ronald <ronr_at_wxs.nl>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 20:25:06 +0100

On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 8:25:07 +0100, Vagelis Rados wrote (in message <36590a67.228366498_at_news-ath.forthnet.gr>):

> Hi Ronald. On Hp-Ux 11, eitther 32bit orr 64bit, there is a problem with
> Oracle installer cd rom. First, there is a bug on pfs_mount which is said to
> be solved with a patchset. Although then, you are able to see the contents
> of your cdrrom, the installer hangs and the Orainst.cm proccess can't even
> be killed. Either Oracle support or HP suspport couldn't find a solution on
> that. The only workarround I could think of, was the installation from the
> hard disk. I've tried this in two installations since March '98. If you have
> at least 1Gb free space on the disk and you can read the the cdrom (Hp-ux
> patches have been installed), create a VxFs filesystem of 1Gb and copy the
> contents there. You then, will be able to install from there. When you
> finish with installation, you can remove the whole filesystem. Regards,
> ----------------------------- Vagelis Rados Singular Computer Applications
> mail to : vrados@singular.gr Web Site : http://www.singular.gr

Thanks for the reaction Vagelis,

I don't want to copy the CD to disk because I am afraid this problem is only an indication of possible hidden real problems. I already installed 8.0.5 succesfully on a few other HP machines (K420's), all running UX-11 but those kernels where 32-bits. The V2200's are due to be put into production in januari so we still have a few day's to find the real problem ...

still hoping for more clues,
--
Ronald

mailto:ronr_at_wxs.nl
http://home.wxs.nl/~ronr/RonR.html (last update: june 8th, 1998) http://www.maccentral.com/news/9804/migration.shtml (forward migration home)

I think so I mac ! Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 13:25:06 CST