Oracle 8 preview distribution: hang when installing the client on Windows95

From: newstartup <circuit_at_dhc.net>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 17:47:28 GMT

I have already written Oracle some e-mail on this issue, but the "free" version of the software get's low priority... and you know what e-mail responses are like... here is what is happening to me...

I wish to use the oracle8 server on NT 4.0 (which went in like a charm, I might add) with the Microsoft ODBC driver. But, to do that you have to install the Oracle8 client for Windows95.

When putting the CD in the drive, and autostart commences... it locks up... when overriding the autostart, and clicking install... it locks up...

I have taken out all startup group programs... and when I boot now... there are no programs running in the background... no virus checking, etc... it still locks up... there are no run= or load= statements in the win.ini ...

This is a 95 machine with the service pack... it's as standard as it gets... but when the installer starts to run.. it locks up...

Anyone else having this problem? Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 11:47:28 CST