Re: ORA-1555 Snapshot too old

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 25 Nov 1998 14:15:20 GMT

It is unwise to select from and update to the same table within the same long running cursor due to the likelihood of 'snapshot too old' so the method you mentioned of selecting the rows to be updated into a driving table or file is pretty standard. We have also used pl/sql tables to hold the keys to be updated. This works real well for small, but very active tables.

kelly_parkinson_at_albertsons.com wrote in article <73fl81$k32$1_at_nnrp1.dejanews.com>...