Question on Dedicated Server, Recovery

From: You Dunhua <engp7606_at_nus.edu.sg>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 14:01:43 +0800

Q1. It is recommended that you use dedicated server process when you do batch job.
If the server is running in MTS mode, how can I start a session with dedicated server?
You should also use dedicated server when doing backup/recovery or connecting to internal,
how is that process done? Does Oracle automatically arrange for it?

Please help me to clarify the confusion.

Q2. If you run Oracle in archievelog mode, the log files actually contains the uncommitted
transactions. When you recover the database in the future, there are so-called roll-forward
and roll-back stages. But since you don't have the former rollback segments saved, how
can the roll-back stage be done?

Thanks for helping me out. Received on Wed Nov 25 1998 - 00:01:43 CST