Re: A Primary Key and Foreign key

From: Van Messner <vmessner_at_netaxis.com>
Date: 1998/11/24

Hello Diego:

    You should reverse engineer your database first using a tool like ERwin. Then you can see what the relationships are (and what they are named). You will not want to remove primary keys. You can remove foreign keys with an "alter table x drop constraint y". There is no real reason to drop other kinds of constraints and if you do you may put bad data into your tables. After loading the data you can reinstate the constraints in Oracle or with your modeling tool. If load time is a problem you may want to drop table indexes before loading and recreate them afterwards.

Van