Any Oracle Network Manager for any Unix platform???

From: George Dau <gedau_at_isa.mim.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 02:15:44 GMT

Has anyone heard anything, rumor, half-truth, whatever about some way of managing Oracle Names without needing a MS-Windows box?

Command-line tools (perhaps using sqlplus from any platform) would be great.

A GUI on some unix platform (probably using X) would be very nice.

It's not Oracle's fault, nor Microsoft, nor Novell, but when someone thousands of miles away randomly decides to change some PC config for a Novell driver or something, my Oracle Names GPFs and I can't admin names any more. If I had a means of accessing/admining Names that some PC cowboy couldn't jam up I'd be much happier.

Obviously this has nothing to do with my employer, who'd never do such a thing - its a purely private issue; honestly - othewise I'd be ringing Oracle instead of posting here.

--

 ,-,_|\   George Dau,                                             __
/    * \  Unix (Solaris, DEC Unix, Linux), Oracle, Internet.     (OO)

MIM Internet policy item 3.4 compliance - "I am clearly stating that any views or opinions expressed above do * NOT * necessarily represent the views or opinions of MIM." Received on Tue Nov 24 1998 - 20:15:44 CST