Re: jdbc cursor problem

From: <ronb8168_at_my-dejanews.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 23:11:45 GMT

Generally speaking, this is a programming error. It's good practice to close the result set AND the statement as soon as you are done with them.

Every time I have seen this error, it has ended up being the programmer not closing the result set and statement when they are done with them, so when the method that creates the statement/result set is executed again it acutally creates another cursor - it doesn't reuse to one that is already open - soon you will hit the limit.

max open cursor = 500 is a big number. That is 500 open cursors per session!

Hope this helps!!

Ron Bogdanoff

Sr. Software Engineer
Digital Market Inc.