Re: Urgent Oracle parsing question

From: Kristiaan Johan Kolk <akolk_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 21:27:44 -0800

Remember that Oracle only does what the application is asking .....

Many applications have the following logic:

    open cursor

    parse cursor

    define variables

    bind variables

    execute

After one execute, many programs go back to parse the same SQL statement again. That is not needed. One can just execute, even if the define or bind variables have changed.

Fix the application ....

Anjo.