Concurrence problems on oracle8 run with linux

From: Carlos Patrão <cpatrao_at_despodata.pt>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 19:38:50 +0100

I have installed the Oracle8 server version 8.0.5 in a Debian GNU/Linux 2.0 using the
kernel 2.0.34 compiled for optimize the Oracle server, apparently everything works fine but when I run two processes who make inserts in de same table(without rows and indexes) the performance it's very bad. I believe that's a tuning problem, but I have short experience with ORACLE8 a I need advises to resolve this problem

Thanks in advance and sorry for the ugly English

--
Carlos Patrao: mailto:cpatrao_at_despodata.pt

               http://www.despodata.pt/ddata/pessoal/cpatrao

               TELEF: (351) (01) 888 01 48
               FAX..: (351) (01) 887 92 66

               Rua da Prata Nº 166 4º Dto, 1100 Lisboa, Portugal