Re: Stored Procedure with NOT PL/SQL

From: Quentin Sherman Xue <qxue_at_sii.cl>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 18:04:47 GMT

Use the function put_line of the package DBMS_OUTPUT. But you have to do some "select into" memory variable first and then display it on the screen. Because as I know, stored procedure of Oracle doesn't allow you to display message directly on the screen.

Here is complet example:

create or replace procedure mystoredproc is

begin

        for emp_rec in (select * from emp) loop

                dbms_output.put_line(emp_rec.ename||' '||

                  to_char(emp_rec.sal,'999,999'));

        end loop;

end;

/

show error

SQL> set serveroutput on size 10000
SQL> exec mystoredproc
SQL> exec mystoredproc

ALLEN    1,600

WARD    1,250

MARTIN    1,250

BLAKE    2,850

TURNER    1,500

JAMES      950

There is not any "INTO" in the context.

Good luck. Quentin.

Frank Meng <frankmeng_at_usa.net> escribió en artículo <365AC672.C13F90D1_at_usa.net>...