Re: How to change the password of USER "INTERNAL"?

From: Claudia Payer <Claudia.Payer_at_sued-data.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:17:16 +0100

Paul Rahe wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:07:42 GMT, m.panarese_at_flashnet.it (max) wrote:
>

> >>You shouldn't even need a password to connect internal if you are logging on
> >>from the oracle account on the server.
> >>And you can't connect as internal from any other machine.

That's wrong, at least for NT server. I have to give the user "internal" a password. After that I can connect with Oracle Instance Manager to the database and startup and shutdown.
If I give the user "internal" on a AIX machine a password, I even can connect without password directly at the server (svrmgr), but I can use the user "internal" with password to connect remote with OIM. I'm tried to startup and shutdown AIX databases with user sys, but I can't. That's the reason, because I use the "internal".

> If you are
> >>worried about people connecting as internal to your database, just restrict
> >>access to svrmgr to the oracle user.
> >>
> >>To change the sys password...
> >>So connect as sys or system or internal and do alter user sys identified by
> >><password>;
> >>then internal and sys passwords will be changed.

I think, both user "sys" and "internal" are different. At my area, they have different passwords. -> ??

> >well, I've Personal Oracle 7.3 on my NT computer, at work. It's in a
> >network. I'm wondering WHY other people can connect as internal to my
> >database without entering a password from their computer???
> >Any answer ?
> >How may I avoid that?
> >tia
> >Max rome(italy)
> Hi,
>
> If you're using NT, you can change the internal password by using the
> NT instance manager. Be sure to use the NT instance manager and not
> the Oracle intance manager to change the internal password.
>
> -Paul

Bye,
Claudia