Re: How to check whether DB is up

From: <poohland_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 17:22:51 GMT

For UNIX, you can use an Oracle executable called "oiconnect". Here is a little script to show it how it works:

ORACLE_SID=<sid>;export <sid>;
if oiconnect <username>/<password>
then
echo "database is up and running"
else
echo "database is down, please contact the DBA" fi

you can modify it so that it will run every half an hour and send the result to you through email.

HTH Winnie