Re: How to Disable Case sensivity for string compare ?

From: Anne-Marie Ternes <anne-marie.ternes_at_cie.etat.lu>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 09:32:03 +0100

Loy&Hutz wrote:

> I īd like to have the same behaviour like MS access.
>
> Is there a possibility / switch to dissable the case sensitivity for al=
> actions
>
> e.g.
>
> Select * from Tbl1 where Col1 = 'a'
>
> ->>>
> Results with Col11 = 'A' or 'a'
>
> Perhaps with sort order ?
>
> Greetings Sven Kunze

Hi Sven,

there is no way to disable case sensitivity, however there is a workaroun= d.
If you write:
SELECT * FROM tbl1 WHERE UPPER(Col1) = 'A', Oracle converts Col1 values=  to
capitals, and then does the SELECT.
This gives more sense if you want to do a sort, and you don't want to distinguish capital letters and small letters.

Hope this helps,

Anne-Marie Ternes Received on Mon Nov 23 1998 - 02:32:03 CST