Re: oracle linux: dbsnmp sub agent not running

From: Sindu <cx_at_engineer.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 11:36:44 +0700

>I don't think the intelligent agent has been ported yet to LINUX (at least
>not
>in the EAP version), just check $ORACLE_HOME/bin and you'll see that
>the "dbsnmp" executable is missing as well as the agent directories under
>network.

Well, i have it in my oracle linux, i just downloaded the linux version about 2 weeks ago.

Anyway, i've solved the problem.
It's a matter of wrong file permission, so i just run $ORACLE_HOME/orainst/root.sh as root
to set all the permissions back, and it runs ok.

But still, i can't connect to it from oracle nt's enterprise manager. When nt tried to discover the node, it gave me the error can't get node information.
I think it's something wrong with services.ora in network/agent directory. I'm still trying to figure it out. Received on Sun Nov 22 1998 - 22:36:44 CST