New db check list

From: mikel <not_at_really.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 02:10:08 GMT

Hello all,

I'm setting up a new db and was wondering if there is some sort of 'new database check list' document.

I've take an Oracle dba course, have all the Oracle docs (CD versions), as well as read this group and subscribe to the oracle-l_at_teleport.com list, so I think I've probably seen all the new database issues (multiplex redo logs, control files, etc). The problem is making sure obscure issues that might fall through the cracks won't create some permanent situation on the db (db block size, that sort of thing). So far the best doc I've seen for start up is the OFA doc and a NT version of the OFA.

It would be great if all the issues pertaining to setting up a new db were listed as a check list so that you could decide if you need to investigate a particular issue further.

FYI, I'm creating a small Oracle NT 8.0.5 db (20 users, 2 GB max total data files) to migrate from an existing 7.2 NT setup.

Thanks

Mikel Received on Sun Nov 22 1998 - 20:10:08 CST