Re: Cannot drop the table

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 1998 11:59:55 +0100

Oracle doesn't really support mixed case object names in an easy way. You need to enclose the objectname by " to get it working. The statement drop table "FaxQueue";

should drop the table without problems. AFAIK the only way to prevent this problem is: if you create tables through ODBC use uppercase only, if you migrate Access tables, convert their names to uppercase (access will not object) before you migrate them to Oracle.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA