Analyze object problem

From: Jimmy <c6635500_at_comp.polyu.edu.hk>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 09:48:02 -0800

Hello all,

        Here is my problem. The following SQL statements is in sequence:

	SQL> select * from sys.dba_analyze_objects;
	result: one of the rows, e.g. is AAA.

	SQL> select avg_row_len from dba_tables where table_name = 'AAA';
	result: avg_row_len is null

	SQL> analyze table AAA compute statistics;

	SQL> select avg_row_len from dba_tables where table_name = 'AAA';
	result: avg_row_len is 96

	SQL> select * from sys.dba_analyze_objects;
	result: one of the rows, e.g. is AAA.

	SQL> analyze table AAA delete statistics;

	SQL> select * from sys.dba_analyze_objects;
	result: one of the rows, e.g. is AAA.

	My question is, why the table AAA is always in the
sys.dba_analyze_objects? However, before I type "analyze table AAA compute statistics" no result return. Only I type "analyze table AAA compute statistics", the result return. Why table AAA is in sys.dba_analyze_objects but still no statistics can be return when I type "select avg_row_len from dba_tables where table_name = 'AAA'"?

Thanks,
Jimmy Received on Sat Nov 21 1998 - 11:48:02 CST