Re: Using Sysdate with a snapshot, will it create problems?

From: Andy Hardy <aph_at_ahardy.demon.co.uk>
Date: 22 Nov 1998 02:35:35 GMT

tony <ramdan_at_mailexcite.com> wrote in article <E2h52.7278$Py3.1052446_at_newscene.newscene.com>...
> The oracle documenetation on snapshots states that we should not use
context
> sensitive data like sysdate in the defining snapshot query. But my
problem is
> that i can't do a fast refresh (because I need info from several tables)

I don't quite understand that statement - are you saying that you need the tables to be consistent with one another? In which case you should be looking at refresh groups whereby you can have a group of snapshots refreshed at the same time.

Andy Received on Sat Nov 21 1998 - 20:35:35 CST