Re: Uninstall Oracle Drivers

From: Jonathan Gennick <gennick_at_worldnet.att.net>
Date: 22 Nov 1998 00:04:06 GMT

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998 14:00:48 -0500, yan zhou <yzhou_at_mtu.edu> wrote:

> I am doing data migration from Oracle7 to Access97.

Wow! Hey, that's the wrong direction<g>.

<snip>

> It was not possible to find a value for the variables
>'rdbms80' and 'nlsrt133' in '$ORACLE', it is therefore
>not possible to remove the Required Support File. Please
>restore the binding for 'rdbms80' and 'nlsrt33' in '$ORACLE'.

This method is a bit drastic (read warning below), but I use it whenever I mess up my Personal Oracle install, or my client install, which is fairly frequently<g>.

  1. Delete the entire C:\ORAWIN95 directory.
  2. Run REGEDIT, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\ORACLE and delete that entire key.

Reinstall everything from scratch.

WARNING!!! If you are using Personal Oracle, the above two steps will delete your database. It doesn't sound like that's the case for you, is it? In any case, all your Oracle client software will go. So be careful. You probably should back things up first, unless you are confident of what you are doing.

Be careful with the registry too. It's easy to screw that up. One little mistake, and you could have a big mess on your hands.

Jonathan Received on Sat Nov 21 1998 - 18:04:06 CST