Oracle for Linux

From: . <wlo_at_direct.ca>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 16:02:09 GMT

Sorry to pick everybody's brain again regarding to my oracle install problem.  After I get the new copy of CD from the group, I tried to install it again with same ID and group (dba). I finally be able to eliminate some of the error messages
(end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 140564 end_request: I/O error, dev 16:00, sector 140565 tar: Read error at bytes 0, reading 6656 bytes in file BIN/NCUXPP: Input/Output error)
by by swapping for another 4X CDROM drive (Sony CDU75E).

After the second install, the install.log file still have 30 to 40 lines of error like:

tar: bin/extractlib: Could bot be create file: Permission denied
tar: bin/gensyslib: Could bot be create file: Permission denied
tar: svrmgr/00_TRANS.TBL: Could bot be create file: Permission denied
tar: svrmgr/admin/sql/catnosm.sql: Could bot be create file: Permission denied
tar: sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql: Could bot be create file: Permission denied
I 've even replaced with another 1.6 GB drive and allocated 800MB for /opt parition for just only oracle, result is the same. Please help.. Many many thanks..