Re: monitor logins

From: Nisar Tareen <ntareen_at_attcanada.net>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 22:44:19 GMT

Naushi Hussain wrote in message <36559165.44AB_at_alliedsignal.com>...
>We need to track down our users on a server. Its a UNIX based Oracle 7.2
>(HP) server. Most users use the database through the browser. Very few
>have unix account.
>
>Is there a technique to find who are our users (we have lost track of
>them and we want to get rid of some of the applications on the server)
>and how often are they using the system

Naushi,

I thing you can have some idea who had loged on to your system by typing last on unix prompt, or to view do as following.  > last > save_last.log
and they view save_last.log and see what information you can extract from it.

Second. view the syslog file in /var/adm/syslog and I hope this will give you some idea who had been loging on and switching to different directories and get so information when some applications had been used.

Good Luck.

Nisar Tareen
Allianz Canada. Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 16:44:19 CST