Re: Networking with Personal Oracle

From: Igor V. Podolsky <igoryok_at_soft-review.kiev.ua>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 98 13:53:55 +0200

ِخ 16 خدر 98 (bdickey_at_my-dejanews.com) wrote:

> I'm trying to connect a package called Business Objects to a Personal Oracle
> database, using SQL*Net 2.2. The Business Objects database connection dialog
> box asks for Username, Password, and Database. I'm connecting to the default
> database that is supplied with Personal Oracle 7.2, where the username is
> "scott" and the Password is "tiger". I don't know what to enter for the
> Database parameter, so I'm leaving it blank. Business Objects help indicates
> that this Database parameter means hostname, server, and database as a
> connection string. The Oracle Personal database starts, but then I get
> message ORA-01017: "Invalid username/password. Logon denied."

It must mean that Your client software (Busines Objects) is established connection with Your Personal Oracle. But user name or password really is wrong. Empty 'database' parameter is correct for Personal Oracle connection. There must be some another kind of message if Your Personal Oracle was not found via SQL*Net (something about 'no listener found' and so on). So check user name and password, also try to start Personal Oracle before trying to establish connection.

--
Is There A God Or Any Kind Of Justice Under The Sky... (Queen'91)

Igor V. Podolsky (igoryok_at_soft-review.kiev.ua) Received on Fri Nov 20 1998 - 05:53:55 CST