Re: USERENV('SESSION_ID') / auditing

From: Marc Billiet <Marc.Billiet_at_hae.hydro.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 07:34:51 +0100

Hi,

We also had wrote an error handler (which should log certain error messages). I found out that selecting the sid from v$mystat always gives the real sid, even in a job. v$mystat contains a lot of rows, but the sid is always the same (per session), so doing a 'select sid from v$mystat where rownum = 1' should be ok (or if you really want to be sure : 'select distinct sid from v$mystat', and if you get a TOO_MANY_ROWS exception, something is wrong).
We also thought of calling dbms_application_info and then checking the corresponding column in v$session, but v$mystat looks easier.

Marc