Re: Are there disadvantages of views.

From: Jac. _at_ xs4all <_at_>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 22:09:55 +0100

Views only contain the SELECT statement itself, NOT the data. So views can, by definition, not become large.
Every time the view is used, the result set is being determined and delivered. There is no significant difference using a view to get data from 2 to 4 joined tables and using a plain sql statement which does the same.

Jac.