Pro C and Stored Procedures

From: <matthew_at_mattshouse.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:42:20 GMT

  I have a stored procedure called 'checkopen' that I would like to execute from my Pro C application. It doesn't return anything, it just executes. I've followed the examples, but I keep getting an error when I run it through the pre-compiler. Here is the code:

  EXEC SQL EXECUTE
   BEGIN
    checkopen(:msg,:buf);
   END;
  END-EXEC; Here is the Pro C call:
proc SQLCHECK=SEMANTICS main.c main.pc.c

Here is the error:
PLS-S-00201, identifier 'checkopen' must be declared

Where do I declare a procedure? Is this just a 'run home to mamma' error message?

Matthew