NULL -blank problem

From: Christophe ZELIS <cze_at_ficsgrp.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 17:27:28 +0100

Hi the list,

I have some problem with my OCI program:

We have a problem with a type of SQL statement:

SELECT * FROM LGIRUL00  WHERE ((rtrim(agectr) > ?) OR (rtrim(agectr) = ? AND rtrim(ctrsco) > ?) OR (rtrim(agectr) = ? AND rtrim(ctrsco) = ? AND rtrim(agesco) >= ?))  ORDER BY    agectr, ctrsco, agesco

The agectr, ctrsco and agesco pass to the function are blank.

So if we pass '' (noting) to the function, it don't return any result
then we replace '' by ' ' (blank) but all the record where these
fields are null in the table are not present.

If somebody have suggestion ... Thanks

Regards

Christophe Received on Thu Nov 19 1998 - 10:27:28 CST