Re: Delete rows is slow

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 13:53:04 +0100

Yes, 64 Mb definitely is too small. How big is your SGA (system global area). You can verify that by issuing the command show sga in svrmgr80. Usually it is at least 16M. This will result in the system paging and swapping continuously. In my experience 256 M of RAM is the absolute minimum.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA