aix, oracle 7.3.4 and high waitstate

From: Steve Perry <sperry_at_sprynet.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:07:01 -0800

We upgraded our server from 4 cpus and 1 gig of ram to 8 cpus and 4 gig of ram. The cpus are twice as fast and are 64-bit. We used the same number of mount points, but changed the blocksize from 4k to 8k. The new system seems to perform ok, but I see 50%+ wait times when I run monitor. I looked for hot files, busy buffers and heavy sql, but don't see anything. I also ran iostat. Is there anything else I can do to see what the wait is from? Our sa said the machine is so much faster, that the disks are causing the high waits. There has to be a way to see what it is waiting on or where the wait is at.

Thanks,
Steve Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 22:07:01 CST