replication times

From: Oliver Niesen <oniesen_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 19 Nov 1998 00:44:40 GMT

my company plans on setting up a replication site for our satellite office.

my questions is what kind of bandwith requirements are needed to support the replication. the reason for my question is that we are currently using dial-up connection for our local production database for the satellite office, would we save on long distance charges if we set up replication? i know that there are a lot of variables but i am just looking for a general feeling for replication.

thanks in advance for your comments.

       ....oliver.... Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 18:44:40 CST