Performance tuning

From: Chris Drew <cdrew_at_maine.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 19:59:04 -0500

I have a data mart running on Oracle 8.0.4.2.0.... on NT4.0 sp3.... 512 MB ram 40GB RAID 5 10 disk system... 25 gigs of data resides on the 40 GB system.... 2 processors PP200... I know one performance improvement that I am going to make is to change the block size from 2k to 8 or 16k..

What is recommeded for a data warehouse solution?

Some of the tables contain 16 million records.. I have bitmaped extensively and have partitioned mostly by year.. Should I be breaking it up by quarter, month? Also, what are peoples recommedations on buffer pools ie.. keep, recycle, default?

Also, with the data above is 12 lru latches seem about right.. There seems to be a BIG degration in performance when someone is rolling back data and someone else is doing a massive query..

Any hints?? Received on Wed Nov 18 1998 - 18:59:04 CST