Instead of triggers on Oracle Personal 8.0.4

From: <arivlin_at_altera.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 18:33:31 GMT

I got an error message ORA-00439( feature not enabled ) when I tried to create an instead of trigger on Oracle Personal 8.0.4 ( NT4.0 ) Does anyone know if there is a way around it?

I would also appreciate any suggestion how to force a column in a table to be always set to sequence.nextval and prevent any kind of SQL+ intervention?

here is what I am doing:

create table Definition ( Definition_SeqNum  number (5)     NOT NULL,
                          Definition_Name    varchar (20)   NOT NULL,
                          Definition_Type    varchar2 (250) NOT NULL,
                          Definition_Value   number ( 10 )  NULL )

/

drop sequence Seq_Definition
/

create sequence seq_Definition increment by 1 start with 1 nomaxvalue nocycle
/

create or replace trigger tIB_Definition instead of insert on Definition
for each row
begin
  begin

  insert Definition ( Definition_SeqNum,