Re: Can someone check my logic here?

From: Mark Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 18 Nov 1998 14:32:19 GMT

Your plan will work providing that you included the control files along with your database files and redo log files.

Your recovery time may be very long if a total disk failure or such should occur on Thursday or worse Friday. Why not implement hot backups during the week. This would reduce your time to recover.

matthew_at_mattshouse.com wrote in article ...
> I'm setting up a backup procedure, and I would like someone to check for
flaws
> in my plan. Also, I have a couple of questions at the end.
>
> Every Sunday we stop the database and initiate a cold backup. Monday -
> Saturday we only backup the archived logs. Technically, should disaster
> strike, we should be able to restore the cold backup and import the
archived
> logs. This will give us up-to-the-minute recovery.
.......Rest of post deleted for brevity ...