Q: Oracle 7.3 C++ and profiler on Solaris ?

From: Kurt Harders <harders_at_pinserve.de>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 10:33:29 +0100

Hallo,

we have a project, where we have to scan lots of EBCDIC-data to prepare the import into a database (ORA7.3). The programs are written using C++, oracle OCI on a SUN solaris machine. Everything works fine so far, but to get information fpr optimizing the program we want to use the profiler (CC -p ...). If we use this option, everything compiles fine, but from the sqlnet-library we get a duplicate declaration of wait and waitpid, which the linker doesnt like. Does anybody know, why these functions are defined in the ora-libs and how to overcome this problem?

Thanksin advance, Kurt Harders
--

Kurt Harders				mailto:harders_at_pinserve.de
PiN - Praesenz im Netz GIT mbH		mailto:pin_at_pinserve.de

Exponet 98 Duesseldorf, 24.-26.11.      Halle 15, Stand 349