Re: Oracle 8 for Solaris, HPUX and svrmgrm

From: Richard Lloyd <rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:52:31 GMT

In article <72q4fs$9f4$1_at_tholian.cse.psu.edu>, groenvel_at_cse.psu.edu (John D Groenveld) writes:
> svrmgrm was EOL'd beyond 7.x. A Java version of Enterprise Manager is
> supposedly in the works for 8.1.

Talking of Java and Oracle on HP-UX, am I the only person in the universe to notice that, incredibly, both the 8.0.4 and 8.0.5 releases of Oracle for HP-UX come with the *Solaris* release of the Java Runtime Environment ? Ultra-duh ! Good job I already had HP's JDK 1.1.6 installed, otherwise I'd be pretty miffed. BTW, I never got the new Net8 Java Wizard thing (the one to configure your tnsnames.ora) to work under HP-UX (even hacking around with the scripts to run HP's JDK didn't help), so I just copied my tnsnames.ora from Oracle 7 and everything was fine.

One hopes that the Oracle 8i installation will do a better job w.r.t. Java than 8.0.4/8.0.5...

Richard K. Lloyd,         E-mail: rkl_at_csc.liv.ac.uk
Computer Science Dept.,      WWW: http://www.csc.liv.ac.uk/~rkl/

Liverpool University,
Merseyside, England,
Great Britain. Received on Tue Nov 17 1998 - 14:52:31 CST